- Graduation Pass Certificate
- Minimum 50%
- Transfer Certificate
- Addhar Card
- Skill to Learn Best Teaching Courses
- More then 100 Specialisation
- Online mode Exam
- Online Mode Study and E-Learning Material
- 0% EMI
MSc in Psychology in Counseling
MSc in Psychology in Counseling is a postgraduate program that focuses on the study of human behavior and the application of psychological theories and techniques to help individuals overcome personal challenges and improve their mental health. This program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in counseling, therapy, or related fields.
The MSc in Psychology in Counseling program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to provide effective counseling services to individuals, couples, and families. The program covers a wide range of topics, including human development, psychological assessment, counseling theories and techniques, and ethical issues in counseling.
Graduates of this program can pursue a range of career opportunities in various settings, such as hospitals, schools, community mental health clinics, private practices, and non-profit organizations. Some of the job positions available for MSc in Psychology in counseling graduates include licensed professional counselor, school counselor, marriage and family therapist, and substance abuse counselor.
Key Highlight for MSc in Psychology in Counseling
|Program Overview||A postgraduate program that focuses on the application of psychological theories and techniques to help individuals overcome personal challenges and improve their mental health.|
|Coursework||Covers a wide range of topics, including human development, psychological assessment, counselling theories and techniques, and ethical issues in counselling.|
|Career Opportunities||Graduates can pursue a range of career opportunities in various settings, such as hospitals, schools, community mental health clinics, private practices, and non-profit organizations.|
|Duration||Typically takes two years to complete and requires students to complete coursework, supervised practical experience, and a research project.|
|Admission Requirements||A bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field, a minimum grade point average, and completion of an entrance examination. Some programs may also require students to have completed a certain number of undergraduate psychology courses or to have prior work experience in a related field.|
Why Study MSc in Psychology in Counseling?
There are several reasons why studying an MSc in Psychology in Counseling can be a great choice for individuals interested in pursuing a career in the field of mental health. Here are some of the main reasons why you may want to consider studying this program:
- Help others: Pursuing an MSc in Psychology in Counseling can be a rewarding experience, as it provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to help others improve their mental health and well-being.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of this program can pursue a range of career opportunities in various settings, such as hospitals, schools, community mental health clinics, private practices, and non-profit organizations.
- Personal growth: Pursuing an MSc in Psychology in Counseling can also be a journey of personal growth, as it provides you with opportunities to learn more about yourself and others, and to develop new skills and perspectives.
- Flexibility: The skills and knowledge gained from this program can be applied to a wide range of roles and settings, giving you the flexibility to pursue a career that aligns with your personal interests and goals.
- Increasing demand: With the increasing demand for mental health services in today’s society, pursuing an MSc in Psychology in Counseling can lead to a fulfilling and in-demand career.
MSc in Psychology in Counseling: Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for pursuing an MSc in Psychology in Counseling may vary depending on the specific program and institution. However, here are some general eligibility requirements for this program:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field, such as social work or counseling.
- Minimum GPA: Candidates must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Some institutions may have higher GPA requirements.
- Entrance Examination: Many institutions require candidates to take an entrance examination, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Relevant Coursework: Some programs may require candidates to have completed a certain number of undergraduate psychology courses or to have prior work experience in a related field.
- Letters of Recommendation: Many institutions require candidates to submit letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or other relevant professionals.
- English Language Proficiency: International candidates may be required to demonstrate their English language proficiency through tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Job and Salary of MSc in Psychology in Counseling
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Counselor||Works with clients to identify and address personal challenges and improve their mental health and well-being.||3,00,000 – 4,50,000|
|Clinical Psychologist||Provides therapeutic services to individuals with mental health conditions and works closely with other healthcare professionals to develop treatment plans.||4,00,000 – 5,50,000|
|School Counselor||Provides counselling services to students in a school setting and supports students in their academic, personal, and social development.||2,50,000 – 4,00,000|
|Rehabilitation Counselor||Works with individuals with disabilities or chronic health conditions to help them overcome personal and vocational challenges and improve their quality of life.||3,50,000 – 5,00,000|
|Marriage and Family Therapist||Provides therapeutic services to couples and families to help them resolve personal and relationship challenges and improve their overall functioning.||3,50,000 – 5,50,000|
Top hiring Company after completing MSc in Psychology in Counseling
|Company Name||Job Roles|
|Fortis Healthcare||Counselor, Clinical Psychologist|
|Apollo Hospitals||Counselor, Clinical Psychologist|
|Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)||Counselor|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)||Counselor, Rehabilitation Counselor, School Counselor|
|National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS)||Clinical Psychologist, School Counselor|
|The Mind Research Foundation||Counselor, Clinical Psychologist|
|National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities||Rehabilitation Counselor|
|Childline India Foundation||Counselor, School Counselor|
|Medall Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.||Counselor|
|Manipal Hospitals||Counselor, Clinical Psychologist|