- 12th Pass Certificate
- Minimum 50%
- Transfer Certificate
- Addhar Card
- Skill to Learn Best Teaching Course
- More then 100 Specialisation
- Online mode Exam
- Online Mode Study and E-Learning Material
- 0% EMI
Online Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd Distance Education)
An online BPEd course, also known as a Bachelor of Physical Education, is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the study of physical education, sports science and sports management. These programs usually include coursework in subjects such as kinesiology, sports psychology, exercise physiology, sports pedagogy, sports nutrition and sports management. In addition to classroom instruction, students in an online BPEd program may also be required to complete practical training in sports coaching, fitness assessment, and other areas.
Just like any other online degree program, an online BPEd program offers several benefits such as flexibility, convenience, variety of programs, cost-effectiveness and professional development. Online BPEd programs may be self-paced or synchronous and may include supervised practical training, virtual lectures and interactive learning activities.
It’s important to note that online BPEd degrees are recognized by the same accreditation bodies as traditional on-campus programs and students should ensure that the program they choose is accredited by the appropriate agency or organizations in their area.
Online Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) Programme Highlights
The following table lists the specific highlights:
|Course Name||Bachelor of Physical Education|
|Course Stream||Health Sciences|
|Course Duration||3-4 Years|
|Bachelor of Physical Education Course Fees||INR 10,000-50,000 LPA|
|Bachelor of Physical Education Jobs||Sports Trainer, Yoga Trainer, Gym Trainer, Coach Commentator, Sports Journalist etc.|
|Bachelor of Physical Education Salary||INR 2,50,000-INR 6,00,000 LPA|
Why study a Bachelor of Physical Education Course (BPEd)?
One of the most well-known programs offered worldwide is the Bachelor of Physical Education. The cost of a bachelor’s degree in physical education is also lower, and the salary is respectable.
Some advantages of earning a bachelor’s degree in physical education are listed below:
- Decent Remuneration: After completing the Bachelor of Physical Education program, graduates can expect to receive a salary ranging from INR 3,00,000 LPA to INR 5,00,000 LPA, based on their skill set.
- Financial Stability: Although a bachelor’s degree in physical education may initially involve a lot of effort and difficulty, graduates who successfully complete the program often have stable finances and fulfilling careers.
- Option of Entrepreneurship: After finishing the Bachelor of Physical Education program, students have the option of creating their own sports coaching organizations, gyms, yoga studios, and healthcare facilities using their degree, certification, and skill set.
Who should study for a B.P.Ed?
Here are some points to consider when deciding if a Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) is the right course of study for you:
- Individuals who are passionate about physical fitness and sports and want to make a career in this field.
- Students who have a keen interest in teaching physical education and coaching athletes.
- Individuals who are interested in the science of human movement and want to understand the mechanisms behind sports performance.
- People who want to become fitness trainers, gym instructors, or sports therapists.
- Individuals who want to work in sports management, sports marketing, or sports administration.
- Those who want to develop leadership and management skills to run sports organizations and events.
- Individuals who want to contribute to society by promoting physical fitness and healthy lifestyle choices.
When to study a B.P.Ed Course?
- After 10+2: B.P.Ed is a popular choice for students who have completed their 10+2 education and are interested in pursuing a career in physical education and sports.
- After completing graduation: Some students may choose to pursue a BPEd course after completing graduation in a related field such as sports science, exercise physiology, or physical therapy.
- During a gap year: Some students may choose to pursue a BPEd course during a gap year, especially if they have a keen interest in sports and physical fitness.
- After gaining experience in a related field: Individuals who have gained experience working in the field of physical education and sports may choose to pursue a B.P.Ed course to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- As a career change: Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in physical education and sports but have a different educational background may choose to pursue a B.P.Ed course as a career change option.
Types of B.P.Ed
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) programs are typically offered in regular or full-time mode, but there are also other types of B.P.Ed programs available in India, such as:
- Distance B.P.Ed: This program allows students to pursue a BPEd degree through distance education mode. Students can learn through online lectures, study materials, and assignments. However, the practical training component of the program needs to be completed through physical attendance at the respective study center.
- Online B.P.Ed: This program is similar to distance BPEd, but it is entirely online. Students can access the study material and attend online classes through the internet. However, like distance B.P.Ed, the practical training component needs to be completed physically at the respective study center.
- Part-time B.P.Ed: This program allows students to pursue a BPEd degree on a part-time basis, where they attend classes during weekends or in the evening after work. The program duration may extend up to four years.
Relevance of B.P.Ed in India
Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) is a professional undergraduate degree program that prepares students for a career in the field of physical education and sports. In India, B.P.Ed is a popular choice among students who are interested in pursuing a career as a physical education teacher, coach, or fitness trainer.
B.P.Ed Skill Set
As a Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd) graduate, you will develop a range of skills that will enable you to work in various fields related to physical education and sports. Here are some of the key skills that you can expect to gain from a BPEd program:
|Self-Confidence||Quick Learner Abilities||Critical-Thinking Ability|
|Self-Motivation Skills||Ability to Handle Pressure||Problem-Solving Attitude|
|Eye For Details||Wellness||Activeness|
|Endurance||Team Work||Ability to Handle Pressure|
B.P.Ed Admission Process
B.P.Ed stands for Bachelor of Physical Education. The eligibility criteria for B.P.Ed program vary from institute to institute. However, here are some general eligibility criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: The age limit for admission to the B.P.Ed course is usually between 18 to 25 years. However, some institutes may have different age criteria.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates should be physically fit and able to participate in physical activities.
- Entrance Exam: Some institutes may require candidates to appear for an entrance exam, and the selection is based on the performance in the exam.
- Sports Quota: Candidates who have participated in sports at the national or state level may get admission under the sports quota.
BPEd Distance Education Eligibility Criteria:
There are several possibilities for students looking to enroll in the Bachelor of Physical Education program (BPEd). Some colleges provide admissions on a first-come, first-served, or 10+2 merit basis. The requirements for access to a bachelor of a physical education program can differ from one university to another. The BPEd minimal qualifying standard
- Candidates must successfully complete their 10+2 program from an accredited board.
- Candidates must secure at least 55% of the possible points in their top four 10+2 subjects.
- Candidates may take the entrance exam for physical education offered by universities and state-level testing agencies.
B.P.Ed Entrance Examination
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Mode of Exam||Exam Pattern|
|NERIST Entrance Examination||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology||Offline||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology|
|BHU UET||Banaras Hindu University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|DUET||Delhi University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|JMI Entrance Exam||Jamia Millia Islamia University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|PTET||Rajasthan PTET||Offline||MCQs based on General Awareness, Mental Ability, Teaching Aptitude, and Physical Fitness|
|MP PET||Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board||Offline||MCQs based on General Awareness, Mental Ability, Teaching Aptitude, and Physical Fitness|
Popular Colleges in India for B.P.Ed Course
|College Name||Location||Course Duration||Course Fees (approx.)||Entrance Exam||Eligibility Criteria|
|Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 23,000 per year||NERIST Entrance Examination||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Amity University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 1.65 lakh per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Maharshi Dayanand University||Rohtak, Haryana||3 years||Rs. 24,310 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|University of Calicut||Malappuram, Kerala||3 years||Rs. 15,000 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 25,000 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Panjab University||Chandigarh||3 years||Rs. 27,785 per year||PU CET (Physical Education)||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Guru Nanak Dev University||Amritsar, Punjab||3 years||Rs. 17,050 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Anatomy and Physiology||Educational Technology and Methods of Teaching||Health Education|
|History, Principles and Foundation of Physical Education||Organization and Administration of Physical Education||Recreation and Camping|
|English||Sports Psychology||Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education|
|Environmental Studies||Kinesiology and Biomechanics||Physiology of Exercise|
|Computer Education||Sports Training||Officiating and Coaching of Physical Education|
|Yoga Education||Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation||Olympic Education and Sports Journalism|
|Games and Sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Handball, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis)||Games and Sports (Athletics, Gymnastics, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling, Weightlifting, Hockey, Swimming)||Games and Sports (Track and Field Events, Yoga, Martial Arts, Adventure Sports)|
|Physical Fitness and Wellness Management||Physical Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription||Internship/Practicum|
B.P.Ed Reference Books
|Name of the Book||Author’s Name|
|Organization and Administration of Physical Education Recreation and Supervision||Dr. Neeraj Pratap Singh and Dr. Ajay Dubey|
|Officiating and Coaching||Dr. Balwinder Kaur|
|Sports Management||Prof. V. Satyanarayana|
|Sports Nutrition and Weight Management||Dr. Sandeep Bhatia|
|Yoga Education||Dr. Tarak Nath Pramamik|
B.P.Ed Jobs and Salary with Career Guide
|Job Profile||Average Salary (per annum)||Career Prospects|
|Physical Education Teacher||Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 4.5 lakh||Good, with demand in schools, colleges, and sports academies|
|Fitness Trainer||Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh||Good, with demand in fitness centers, gyms, and sports clubs|
|Sports Coach||Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh||Good, with demand in schools, colleges, and sports academies|
|Sports Journalist||Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh||Average, with demand in print, electronic, and digital media|
|Sports Event Manager||Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh||Average, with demand in sports event management companies and sports federations|
|Sports Official/ Umpire/ Referee||Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh||Average, with demand in sports federations and event management companies|
|Sports Equipment Manufacturer/ Sales Executive||Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh||Good, with demand in sports equipment manufacturing companies and sports retail outlets|
BPEd Top Recruiters
|Top Recruiters||Average Salary|
|Schools and colleges||INR 3-4 LPA|
|Sports academies and training centers||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Fitness centers and gyms||INR 3-5 LPA|
|Government departments and organizations||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Private companies in sports and fitness industry||INR 4-8 LPA|
BPEd Higher Studies
|Course||Course Length||Approximate Fees (in INR)|
|Master of Physical Education (M.PEd)||2 years||20,000 – 1,00,000|
|Master of Science in Physical Education||2 years||20,000 – 1,00,000|
|Master of Sports Science||2 years||50,000 – 2,50,000|
|Master of Education in Physical Education||2 years||20,000 – 1,00,000|
|Master of Philosophy in Physical Education||2 years||20,000 – 1,00,000|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education||3-5 years||20,000 – 1,00,000 per year|
Course Comparison: Bachelor of Physical Education v/s Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education
|Parameter||Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)||Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education|
|Overview||B.P.Ed is a professional undergraduate degree program that focuses on physical education and sports.||BA in Physical Education is an undergraduate degree program that combines theoretical and practical aspects of physical education.|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks.||10+2 in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Entrance Exams||Most universities have their own entrance exams, while some may accept national-level exams like JEE or NEET.||Some universities may conduct their own entrance exams, while others may admit based on merit.|
|Course Curriculum||It includes courses in sports and games, exercise physiology, anatomy, health education, sports psychology, and sports management. Students also undergo practical training and internships.||It includes courses in physical education, sports psychology, health education, anatomy, physiology, and nutrition. Students may also take elective courses in sports and games.|
|Career Opportunities||Physical Education Teacher, Sports Coach, Fitness Trainer, Sports Manager, Athletic Trainer, Recreation Director, etc.||Physical Education Teacher, Sports Coach, Sports Journalist, Sports Management Professional, Sports Administrator, Athletic Trainer, etc.|
|Further Studies Opportunities||M.P.Ed, M.Sc. in Physical Education, Master of Sports Science, M.Phil, Ph.D.||MA in Physical Education, M.P.Ed, M.Phil, PhD.|