- Graduation Pass Certificate
- Minimum 50%
- Transfer Certificate
- Addhar Card
- Skill to Learn Best Teaching Courses
- More then 100 Specialisation
- Online mode Exam
- Online Mode Study and E-Learning Material
- 0% EMI
MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering
Looking to pursue a postgraduate degree in Civil Environmental Engineering? An MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering (M.tech) might be the perfect fit for you. In this program, you will gain in-depth knowledge and skills in areas such as environmental management, pollution control, sustainable engineering, and water resources management.
At its core, Civil Environmental Engineering is concerned with addressing the challenges of designing, constructing, and maintaining infrastructure systems that are sustainable, resilient, and environmentally friendly. By pursuing an M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering, you will develop a comprehensive understanding of the complex interplay between engineering, the environment, and society.
The curriculum for an MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering typically includes a range of courses that cover topics such as water and wastewater treatment, environmental impact assessment, environmental risk management, sustainable engineering practices, and pollution prevention and control. You will also have the opportunity to undertake research projects and gain practical experience through internships and fieldwork.
With an MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering, you will be well-equipped to pursue a variety of career paths in areas such as engineering consulting, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and academia. You will be able to apply your skills and knowledge to real-world challenges such as mitigating the impacts of climate change, improving air and water quality, and designing sustainable infrastructure systems.
Key Highlight for MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering
|Degree||Master of Technology (M.Tech)|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field|
|Coursework||Environmental management, pollution control, water resources management, sustainable engineering, environmental impact assessment, and more|
|Research||Research projects and thesis required|
|Internships||Opportunities for practical experience through internships and fieldwork|
|Career paths||Engineering consulting, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, academia, and more|
|Skills gained||Design and construction of sustainable infrastructure, environmental management, risk assessment, pollution control, and more|
|Market demand||Growing demand for professionals who can address the impact of human activities on the natural world|
|Salary potential||Competitive salaries in both public and private sectors|
Why Study MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering?
There are many reasons why studying an M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering can be a great choice for your academic and professional development. Here are some of the most compelling reasons:
- Meeting the demand for sustainable infrastructure: As the world’s population continues to grow, there is a rising need for sustainable infrastructure that is designed to be environmentally friendly, resilient, and cost-effective. By studying Civil Environmental Engineering, you will gain the knowledge and skills to design, build, and maintain such infrastructure, and help meet this growing demand.
- Making a positive impact on the environment: The global environmental crisis has brought attention to the need for professionals who can address the impact of human activities on the natural world. By pursuing an M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering, you will have the opportunity to study the most pressing environmental issues and develop solutions to mitigate their impact.
- Excellent career prospects: Graduates of M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering programs have a wide range of career opportunities in both the public and private sectors. From working for environmental consultancies to joining engineering firms, NGOs or government agencies, this degree can open many doors for your professional development.
- Pursuing research: Civil Environmental Engineering is a field that is constantly evolving as new technologies and approaches emerge. Pursuing an M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to undertake research projects, and contribute to the development of new technologies and sustainable solutions that can help address environmental challenges.
- Growing industry: The market demand for Civil Environmental Engineers is increasing rapidly, driven by the need for infrastructure development, the shift towards renewable energy, and the increasing importance of sustainable practices. This means that graduates of M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering programs can expect to have strong job prospects in the years to come.
MTech in Civil Environmental Engineering: Eligibility
To be eligible for an M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering, you typically need to meet the following requirements:
- Educational Qualifications: You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field from a recognized university or institution. The minimum marks required for admission may vary depending on the institution, but typically range from 55% to 60% in the qualifying examination.
- Entrance Exam: In India, most universities and institutes offering M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering require candidates to qualify in an entrance exam. The most common entrance exams for this program include GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and JEE (Joint Entrance Examination).
- Work Experience: Some universities and institutes may require candidates to have work experience in a relevant field, typically 1 to 2 years of professional experience in the civil or environmental engineering industry.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates must be proficient in the language of instruction of the program, which is usually English.
Job and Salary of M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering
|Job Role||Description||Salary Range|
|Environmental Engineer||Plan, design, and implement solutions to environmental problems such as water and air pollution, waste management, and environmental sustainability||INR 300,000 – 1,500,000 per year|
|Water Resource Engineer||Design and manage water resource systems, such as dams, pipelines, and water treatment plants, to ensure the efficient and sustainable use of water resources||INR 400,000 – 1,800,000 per year|
|Sustainability Consultant||Advise clients on the implementation of sustainable practices to reduce environmental impact, improve energy efficiency, and reduce waste||INR 500,000 – 2,000,000 per year|
|Environmental Analyst||Conduct research, collect data, and analyze environmental issues to develop policies and solutions that meet legal and environmental standards||INR 350,000 – 1,200,000 per year|
|Green Building Engineer||Design and construct energy-efficient buildings and sustainable infrastructure that minimizes environmental impact||INR 300,000 – 1,800,000 per year|
|Environmental Scientist||Study the impact of human activity on the environment, analyze environmental problems, and develop and implement solutions for environmental protection||INR 350,000 – 1,500,000 per year|
Top hiring Company after completing M.Tech in Civil Environmental Engineering
|Larsen & Toubro Limited||One of the largest engineering, procurement, and construction companies in India, with a focus on infrastructure, power, and heavy engineering projects|
|WSP Global Inc.||A multinational engineering and design consultancy that specializes in providing services in the areas of transportation, buildings, energy, and water|
|AECOM||A global infrastructure consulting firm that provides services in the areas of architecture, engineering, design, and construction management|
|Black & Veatch||A global engineering, consulting, and construction company that specializes in infrastructure development in areas such as energy, water, and telecommunications|
|CH2M HILL||A global engineering company that provides consulting, design, construction, and operations services for projects related to water, energy, and transportation|
|Golder Associates||A global environmental and geotechnical consulting firm that provides services in the areas of mining, oil and gas, and infrastructure development|