- Bachelor Pass Certificate
- Minumum 50% Marks
- Transfer Certificate
- Addhar Card
- Skill to Learn Commerce Course
- More then 100 Specialisation
- Online mode Exam
- Online Mode Study and E-Learning Material
- 0% EMI Option
Online MBA Hospital Management
MBA in Hospital management is a postgraduate management Program timetable. It’s offered for a duration of two years. An MBA in hospital management focuses special attention on the administrative sides of healthcare companies. Applicants who share in the MBA in hospital authority program understand how to handle businesses in healthcare facilities similar as hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitant boot camps, recuperation centers, and other organizations.
Applicants wishing to pursue an MBA must complete any undergraduate course program. Candidates listed in the program get themselves professed in administration, leadership, communication and collaboration to come effective for performing in the industry.
Key Highlight for MBA in Hospital Management
|Program Name||MBA in Hospital Management|
|Program Type||Master’s degree|
|Program Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any field|
|Admission Process||Entrance exams such as CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/SNAP or university-specific entrance exam|
|Core Subjects||Healthcare laws and ethics, Hospital operations, Health Economics, Financial Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Healthcare Information Systems|
|Job Opportunities||Hospital administrator, Healthcare consultant, Health services manager, Hospital CFO, Hospital CEO, Operations Manager, Quality Manager|
|Salary Range||INR 4-10 lakhs per annum (for entry-level positions)|
|Top Recruiters||Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare, Max Healthcare, Manipal Hospitals, Columbia Asia Hospitals, Medanta, AIIMS, and other government/private hospitals|
|Advantages||High job demand, lucrative salary, opportunity for growth and advancement, opportunity to make a positive impact on society by improving healthcare services|
Why Study MBA in Hospital Administration?
Individuals who are seeking directorial places in the healthcare sector frequently suppose why choose MBA in Hospital Administration, how can it profit them? Well, a professional with an MBA in Hospital Administration degree has a wide range of employment options because there’s a great need for good individualities who can manage healthcare coffers effectively.
The healthcare sector benefits from everlasting, timely exploration that can help advance patient installations, medical treatments, and adaptive medicinal and stronger health structure as a whole. The foundation of the medical assiduity is exploration, and healthcare operation also needs precise exploration in the area to enable realizable and timely advances in this sector.
Professionals can find employment after graduating MBA in Hospital Administration program in government healthcare installations, marketable healthcare associations, pharmaceutical businesses, hospitals, etc. individualities in this field will always have numerous openings in the healthcare sector and these openings are prognosticated to rise throughout time each over the world.
Who Study MBA in Hospital Management
MBA in Hospital Management is typically pursued by individuals who are interested in a career in healthcare management. This program is ideal for those who wish to combine their business acumen with their passion for healthcare to manage and lead healthcare organizations effectively. Here are some examples of individuals who may choose to study MBA in Hospital Management:
- Healthcare Professionals: Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who wish to transition to management roles in healthcare organizations.
- Business Graduates: Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in business who want to specialize in healthcare management.
- Healthcare Administrators: Individuals working in healthcare organizations who wish to advance their careers and take on more senior leadership roles.
- Entrepreneurs: As healthcare is one of the fastest-growing industries, entrepreneurs who want to start their healthcare-related business may also benefit from this program.
- Healthcare Consultants: Individuals who work as consultants in healthcare organizations, assisting in business strategy, operations management, and organizational development, may also benefit from this program.
- Graduates from Other Fields: Graduates with a background in science, engineering, or other fields who wish to transition to healthcare management may also choose to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management.
When to Study MBA in Hospital Management
The ideal time to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management depends on an individual’s career goals and academic background. Here are some common scenarios in which an individual may choose to study MBA in Hospital Management:
- After Graduation: Many students choose to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management right after completing their undergraduate degree. This allows them to gain specialized knowledge in healthcare management and prepare for a career in this field.
- After Working in Healthcare: Individuals who have worked in healthcare organizations for a few years may choose to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management to advance their careers and take on more senior leadership roles.
- Mid-Career Switch: Individuals who have been working in other industries but want to switch to healthcare management may also choose to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management. This allows them to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to transition to a career in healthcare management.
- Before Starting a Healthcare-related Business: Entrepreneurs who want to start a healthcare-related business may choose to pursue an MBA in Hospital Management to gain knowledge and skills in healthcare management and to understand the healthcare industry better.
MBA in Hospital Management Admission Process
The admission process for an MBA in Hospital Management program may vary depending on the institute offering the course. However, most institutes follow a similar admission process, which generally includes the following steps:
- Eligibility Criteria: The first step is to check the eligibility criteria for the program. Generally, candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates are required to take an entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, or SNAP. Some institutes may conduct their entrance exams, which candidates need to qualify for admission.
- Application Form: Candidates need to fill out the application form for the institute and program they are interested in. This can be done online or offline, depending on the institute’s policies.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates are required to participate in a group discussion and personal interview. This is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and knowledge about the healthcare industry.
- Final Selection: The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam, group discussion, personal interview, academic record, and work experience (if any).
- Admission Offer: Candidates who are selected for admission will receive an admission offer letter. The candidate needs to confirm their acceptance of the offer and pay the admission fee to secure their seat in the program.
MBA in Hospital Management Eligibility
To be eligible for an MBA in a Hospital Management program, a candidate must typically meet the following requirements:
- Education: The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university. However, some institutions may require the candidate to have a degree in Medicine or Allied Health Sciences.
- Minimum marks: Most institutions require a minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree program. However, some institutions may have different eligibility criteria.
- Work Experience: Some institutions may require the candidate to have a minimum of two years of work experience in healthcare or related fields. However, this requirement may vary from institution to institution.
- Entrance exam: Some institutions require candidates to take an entrance exam like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, or GMAT to qualify for admission. However, some institutions may also offer direct admission based on the candidate’s academic performance.
MBA in Hospital Management Entrance Exams
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date(s)||Mode of Exam||Application Period|
|MAT||AIMA||Multiple dates/year||Online/Offline||Throughout the year|
|ATMA||AIMS||Multiple dates/year||Online||Throughout the year|
|MAH MBA CET||DTE Maharashtra||March/April||Online||January-February|
|IGNOU OPEN MAT||IGNOU||February/August||Online||December/May|
|NMAT by GMAC||GMAC||October-December||Online||July-October|
MBA in Hospital Management Syllabus
MBA in Hospital Management syllabus for two years:
|Management Principles and Practices||Health Economics and Policy|
|Organizational Behaviour and Design||Healthcare Information Systems|
|Accounting and Financial Management||Healthcare Quality Management and Accreditation|
|Marketing Management||Operations Management in Healthcare|
|Healthcare Operations Management||Strategic Management in Healthcare|
|Healthcare Laws and Ethics||Human Resource Management in Healthcare|
|Healthcare Informatics and Decision Making||Healthcare Project Management|
|Healthcare Statistics and Research Methods||Hospital Planning and Design|
|Healthcare Delivery Systems and Networks||International Health Management|
|Healthcare Planning and Marketing||Healthcare Leadership and Change Management|
MBA in Hospital Management Important Books
|Hospital and Healthcare Facility Design||Richard L. Miller, Kurt D. Rockstroh, and Lance E. Schmeidler|
|Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management||Louis C. Gapenski|
|Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach||Nanette B. Sayles and Magers|
|Healthcare Strategic Planning||Alan M. Zuckerman|
|Healthcare Operations Management||Daniel B. McLaughlin and John R. Olson|
|Healthcare Quality Handbook||Janet Brown|
|Introduction to Health Care Management||Sharon B. Buchbinder and Nancy H. Shanks|
|Healthcare Information Systems, Second Edition||Karen A. Wager, Frances W. Lee, and John P. Glaser|
|The Healthcare Executive’s Simple Guide to FMV||Steve W. Hays|
|Healthcare Analytics: From Data to Knowledge to Healthcare Improvement||Laura A. Kirkwood|
MBA in Hospital Management Jobs and Salary
MBA in Hospital Management jobs and their average salaries:
|Job Title||Average Salary (in USD)|
|Hospital Administrator||$95,000 – $150,000|
|Healthcare Consultant||$70,000 – $120,000|
|Health Information Manager||$70,000 – $100,000|
|Healthcare Operations Manager||$65,000 – $110,000|
|Clinical Manager||$60,000 – $100,000|
|Medical and Health Services Manager||$80,000 – $120,000|
|Healthcare Financial Manager||$75,000 – $120,000|
|Healthcare Project Manager||$80,000 – $120,000|
|Healthcare Marketing Manager||$80,000 – $120,000|
|Healthcare Quality Improvement Manager||$70,000 – $110,000|
MBA in Hospital Management Further Studies
After completing an MBA in Hospital Management, graduates can pursue further studies to enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of healthcare management. Some of the further studies options are:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Healthcare Management: Ph.D. programs in healthcare management focus on developing research skills and preparing students for academic and research careers in the healthcare industry.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Quality Management: This program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of healthcare quality management concepts and techniques, and to equip graduates with the skills to implement and evaluate quality improvement initiatives in healthcare settings.
- Executive Master of Healthcare Administration (EMHA): This program is designed for mid-career healthcare professionals who want to enhance their leadership and management skills in the healthcare industry. The program covers topics such as healthcare policy, healthcare finance, strategic planning, and quality improvement.
- Master of Public Health (MPH): This program focuses on the broader aspects of public health, including epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, health policy and management, and social and behavioral sciences. An MPH degree can be particularly useful for healthcare professionals interested in working in public health agencies, NGOs, or international healthcare organizations.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM): This program provides in-depth knowledge of healthcare management concepts and techniques, and prepares graduates for leadership roles in healthcare organizations. MSHM programs cover topics such as healthcare finance, strategic planning, quality improvement, and healthcare policy.
Top College and Fees for MBA in Hospital Management in India
|College||Location||Fees (in INR)|
|Indian School of Business (ISB)||Hyderabad/Mohali||39,63,000|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)||Mumbai||3,30,000 – 3,52,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences||Pune||8,45,000|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)||Manipal||9,94,000|
|Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration||Hyderabad||4,50,000|
|Institute of Clinical Research India (ICRI)||New Delhi||3,00,000 – 3,50,000|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School||Bangalore||6,10,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University||Pune||1,70,000|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||New Delhi||31,500|
MBA in Hospital Administration Career Options and Job Prospects
Students of the MBA in Hospital Administration course develop all of the necessary expertise needed to take up leadership places at healthcare establishments and similar industries. The experience developed and knowledge- grounded formed during this course help in the effective administration of these establishments. The services of Hospital directors are needed in all of the ultramodern hospitals and sanitarium chains as it enables them to give better services in a streamlined manner.
Career openings for the graduates of the MBA in Hospital Administration program are available in the private as well as government sectors. Hospital management’s business and monetary administration expertise are precious to a multitude of associations working to alleviate the status of healthcare and give better services while also creating healthcare services as a feasible business model. Since the MBA is an encyclopedically- honored program, students can’t only look for career openings in India but also abroad on the base of this degree.
Some of the top areas of employment for an MBA in Hospital Administration include
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Nursing Homes
- Public Health Organizations / Departments
- Healthcare Consulting
- Blood Banks
- Medical Laboratories